York Street Fire In Pottstown Forces 26 From Their Apartments

POTTSTOWN — Twenty-six people were forced from their homes after a fire at the Yorkshire Apartments left their building uninhabitable Saturday night.

Shortly after 7 p.m., the Pottstown Fire Department was dispatched to a fire at the apartments on the 500 block of North York Street.

Pottstown Fire Chief Richard Lengel said the fire was in the wall of a second floor apartment.

“It was an electrical problem in the wall,” he said.

Read more:  http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/20121001/NEWS01/120939979/york-street-fire-in-pottstown-forces-26-from-their-apartments&pager=full_story