Pottstown: 2 Fires Displace 3 Families

POTTSTOWN — Sunday was far from a day of rest for area firefighters after two fires broke out, gutting two homes and damaging another.

The first fire occurred around 7 a.m. in a twin home building in Union Alley at the 300 block of Evans Street.

According to Pottstown Fire Chief Richard Lengel, the fire was sparked by someone cooking on a stove. He said the building was a loss.

No one was injured but 16 people were displaced by the blaze.

Read more:  http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/20130303/NEWS01/130309854/pottstown-2-fires-displace-at-least-3-families-19-people#full_story

York Street Fire In Pottstown Forces 26 From Their Apartments

POTTSTOWN — Twenty-six people were forced from their homes after a fire at the Yorkshire Apartments left their building uninhabitable Saturday night.

Shortly after 7 p.m., the Pottstown Fire Department was dispatched to a fire at the apartments on the 500 block of North York Street.

Pottstown Fire Chief Richard Lengel said the fire was in the wall of a second floor apartment.

“It was an electrical problem in the wall,” he said.

Read more:  http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/20121001/NEWS01/120939979/york-street-fire-in-pottstown-forces-26-from-their-apartments&pager=full_story