Please look long and hard at the list below and ask yourself WTF is going on with the Pottstown Borough Manager’s salary. Why are Pottstown taxpayers on the hook for this gigantic salary! The mayors of the cities listed below are the executives running these communities, not baby kisser like Pottstown’s illustrious Missy Mayor. Their jobs are comparable to a borough manager only they are running MUCH larger communities with MUCH larger staffs making MUCH less money???????????????? These are also elected officials and more accountable for their actions as opposed to someone hired by their BFF’s and placed in power.
SavePottstown! has also been addressing this ridiculous imbalance and the head-scratching choice of the new Borough Manager – see http://savepottstown.com/lang/es/2013/02/overpaid/
Here’s the promised comparison list:
– Philadelphia, $174,438 (population 1,526,006)
– Pottstown, $120,000 (population 22,377)
– Pittsburgh, $96,511 (population 305,704)
– Allentown, $95,000 (population 118,032)
– Bethlehem, $90,500 (population 74,982)
– Harrisburg, $80,000 (population 49,528)
– Easton, $80,000 (population 26,800)
– Wilkes-Barre, $79,911 (population 41,498)
– Erie, $65,000, going to $95,000 in 2014 (population 101,786)
– Scranton, $50,000, under review by City Council for an increase (population 76,089)
With the exception of the data on Pottstown and Pittsburgh, the salary figures came from the Scranton Times-Tribune. Populations are 2010 United States Census results. The Pittsburgh mayor’s salary is taken from an article in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.