Fire authorities estimated on Friday that the blaze at Morgan Corp. in Caernarvon Township caused $3 million in damage.
Trooper Michael J. Yeity, a state police fire marshal, said an electrical or mechanical malfunction caused Thursday’s blaze in a company paint shop. The fire was ruled accidental.
Morgan Corp., 111 Morgan Way, manufactures the box, or container section, of delivery trucks for Penske, Ryder and other corporate trucking fleets.
Yeity said employees were in the paint shop and discovered smoke venting from the top of a paint booth about 3:45 p.m.