POTTSTOWN — Sunday was far from a day of rest for area firefighters after two fires broke out, gutting two homes and damaging another.
The first fire occurred around 7 a.m. in a twin home building in Union Alley at the 300 block of Evans Street.
According to Pottstown Fire Chief Richard Lengel, the fire was sparked by someone cooking on a stove. He said the building was a loss.
No one was injured but 16 people were displaced by the blaze.
Read more: http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/20130303/NEWS01/130309854/pottstown-2-fires-displace-at-least-3-families-19-people#full_story