Carbon Monoxide Sends 8 To Hospital In Norristown

NORRISTOWN, PA – Carbon monoxide emissions on the 100 block of West Airy Street in Norristown sent eight people to the hospital late Saturday night.

Crews were summoned to 156 W. Airy St. for a medical call around 11 p.m. Saturday, according to Norristown Fire Chief Tom O’Donnell

“There was a subject vomiting and not feeling well,” he said. “When they got there they immediately detected a generator running in the basement and called the Norristown Fire Department.”

A systematic house by house search was conducted for any other victims due to the extremely high levels of carbon monoxide in the home, O’Donnell said.

Read more:

http://www.timesherald.com/general-news/20150524/carbon-monoxide-sends-8-to-hospital-in-norristown

Park City Center Reopens After Early Morning Carbon Monoxide Incident

Map of Pennsylvania highlighting Lancaster County

Map of Pennsylvania highlighting Lancaster County (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

All areas of Park City Center have been reopened after an early morning carbon monoxide incident delayed its opening.

Lancaster city fire battalion chief Jeff Oatman said contractors working on an electrical system had to shut down the power where they were working and started an emergency generator.

Oatman said an exhaust system is installed in the area where backup generators for the mall run, but failed to properly alleviate the exhaust from the large diesel generator.

A majority of the mall opened at 10:15, about 15 minutes later than normal.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/park-city-center-reopens-after-early-morning-carbon-monoxide-incident/article_3daf73a0-44b1-11e4-87ca-0017a43b2370.html