Jeremy Wang, of Collegeville, in 10th grade at Methacton High School, won first place in the Senior Winds Division of the 74th Annual Tri-County Youth Festival.
Patrick Li, of Audubon, in 7th grade at Arcola Middle School, won first place in the Junior Winds Division of the 74th Annual Tri-County Youth Festival.
Flutist Kara Yoo and violinist Sophia Yoo, of Souderton, won second place in the Senior Ensemble Division of the 74th Annual Tri-County Youth Festival. The sisters are home-schooled.
Blue Bell, PA — Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) will host the Tri-County Concerts Association’s 74th Annual Youth Festival Concert on Saturday, June 11, at 7 p.m. in the Science Center Theater, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell. Tickets cost $10 and will be available at the door; students and children are admitted free of charge.
The Tri-County Concerts Youth Festival is one of the area’s most prestigious competitions for aspiring young classical musicians living in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties. Since 1943, the festival has been a stepping-stone to achievement for many emerging young artists, several of whom are now current and retired members of the Philadelphia Orchestra. This year, Festival participants will perform works by Bach, Mendelssohn, Mozart, Ravel and Tchaikovsky, among others.
Many Montgomery County students won top prizes in this year’s Tri-County Youth Festival and will perform at the concert.
Alto saxophonist Jeremy Wang of Collegeville, in 10th grade at Methacton High School, won first place in the Senior Winds Division. Another alto saxophonist, Patrick Li of Audubon, in 7th grade at Arcola Middle School, won first place in the Junior Winds Division. Sisters Kara and Sophia Yoo of Souderton, who are home-schooled, both won second place in the Senior Ensemble Division as a flute and violin duo.
Many other Montgomery County students won honorable mention at the auditions. They include:
· Junior String Division: Cellist Aidan Bolding of Telford, in 7th grade at Indian Crest Middle School;
· Junior Ensemble Division: The Con Brio Trio with pianist Allison Fu of Fort Washington, in 8th grade at Sandy Run Middle School;
· Junior Voice Division: Lloyd Yoo of Souderton, who is an 8th grade home-schooled student;
· Senior Ensemble Division: The Quiller Quartet with violinist Catelyn Huang and cellist Jason Shu of Blue Bell, who attend Wissahickon High School;
· Senior Piano Division: Caleb Watt of Audubon, a 10th grader at Methacton High School; and
· Senior Winds Division: Clarinetist Allison Yang of Lansdale, a 9th grader at Pennfield Middle School.
For information about the concert, contact Eleanor James at 610-986-3555, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.tricountyconcerts.org. For more information about Montgomery County Community College’s Lively Arts Series, visit http://www.mc3.edu/livelyarts.