Call to register: Dolores Winston 610-933-7728 ext.1
Come for a series of lessons and activities on various topics to help you care and feed your family a healthy diet on a limited budget. Learn how to prepare low-cost, quick meals. Develop new cooking and food safety skills. Try new nutritious foods. Participants of the Eat Smart Move More program will receive a certificate, cookbook, stretch band for exercising, food thermometer and tote bag upon completion.
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — A southeastern Pennsylvania city will soon be getting its first supermarket in more than a decade, the project of a nonprofit organization best known for collecting and distributing emergency food aid, officials said.
Philabundance announced Friday that it had purchased a mostly vacant building in Chester that housed the city’s last supermarket before it closed in 2001.
In about a year, the organization says it hopes to open a new 13,000-square-foot “Fare and Square” grocery store. Bill Clark, the group’s president, says it is believed to be the first supermarket in the country operated by a food aid group as a nonprofit venture.
The Center for Science in the Public Interest is suing McDonald’s because Happy Meals are making children fat because they use “unfair and deceptive” marketing strategies.
Give me a freakin’ break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. As a parent, you should totally control what goes into your child’s mouth! You are the grown-up and you make the rules. PERIOD!
2. McDonald’s offers healthy alternatives like apple slices, low-fat milk and apple juice. You don’t have to get a soda and fries.
3. You can purchase the damn toy without getting a Happy Meal. They are less than two dollars. For those of us with grandchildren we bothered to find these things out by simply asking at the counter. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. My granddaughter is NOT allowed to eat at McDonald’s because her Mommy and Daddy make those decisions (she is not quite four years old). So Pop-Pop buys Happy Meal toys for her.
5. The only person making your child fat is YOU by allowing your child to make their own nutrition decisions. You don’t HAVE to visit McDonald’s. My granddaughter isn’t leading a deprived life because her parents won’t indulge her every whim!
This is just ridiculous and should never see a court room! Wasting tax-payer dollars trying to legislate parental responsibilities is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!
We give The Center for Science in the Public Interest a big fat raspberry (and no, not the fruit)!